Monday, August 3, 2009

The Mondays,

Monday, Monday, Monday... it's Monday!
From the photo/poster to the right, its easy to assume that I did indeed make it out to another meuvie this weekend; only this time I went with a buddy (ex-bf Nick). Even though this wasn't on the list I put up the other day of My Summer Movies, Hurt Locker was most definitely one I was looking forward to seeing.
I'm not exactly a big war meuvie fan, sure there are some that I enjoy (the usuals: Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, etc.), but I wouldn't call myself an afficianado by any means; so me wanting to actually go view this in a theater was rather "odd". I am happy to to say that is was quite good, very different from other war films in the sense that there isn't exactly a story its more of a look at Bravo (?) Company's last 39 days at war. I guess what surprised me the most was seeing Guy Pierce and Ralph Fiennes pop up in the film for only a handful of minutes.
Neat.
I went to Amy's fundraiser on Saturday with my sister and her friend... honestly, it was pretty boring and the bartenders couldn't make a good drink to save their lives.
Basically it was whomp city.
I did nothing else for the rest of the weekend. Sunday was depressing as per usual and the day flew by in a slow but ultra-fast way... it made no sense.

I thought I had more to say, and I do, but I desperately want to curl up on the couch and squeeze in a nap while zee Kiddle sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment