Monday, September 7, 2009

Saying Goodbye.... And Hello (Again).

Sigh.
I suppose it is about time to admit that perhaps distance does not in fact make the heart grow fonder; as of Thursday, Mr. Mike H. and I have called it quits.
I suppose I'm sad, after all I did enjoy spending time with him when we got the chance to (which was only a couple of times since we live in different countries) and it does feel odd not talking to him since I have been doing so for the past 6 months; but it was over.
I guess what really bothers me is that he has absolutely no desire to be my friend or even speak to me, and I'm not exactly use to that when it comes with exes (an issue that always made him angry).
Ah well.
I suppose it wasn't fair of me to stay in a relationship with him anyways when I still had such strong feelings for someone else that I just couldn't shake...
ANYWAYS.
Saturday Lance and I got together for one of our super amazing meuvie days (oh how I missed them so!) filled with foodies, meuvies, and.... um, other things. He kept saying he wanted to watch something like Funny Games (i.e.: disturbing and violent) and instead of popping in another Haneke film, I decided to choose a couple things that were more... mainstream-esque (?), plus we talk way too much to read subtitles. I had obviously seen both films (Henry is one of my all-time favorites), so I was aware of my feelings for them; turns out he was also a fan! Then again, he always did love everything I showed him... I just ooze amazing cinematic taste and that's one of the reasons he enjoys me so.
Today I have the day off from work and I have not the slightest idea what to do with myself.
I've been up since 9 o'clock and still have yet to do anything except run downstairs and pay my rent. Perhaps eating something to creep onto the agenda, but I have no idea what I'm hungry for!
Ugh, I hate days like this.
Yesterday I was lucky because when we woke up (for the second time), we drove on up to Paper Moon where we had a rather long breakfast where we mostly talked about our exes.
We are horrible people.
I wish I could have another delcious breakfast like that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment