Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Competing Novels.

There was once a time, only a few short months ago, where I would actually go to bed at a reasonable hour. Once 10 pm rolled around friends and family knew that calling me would not be the grandest of ideas since I woke up so early in the morning (it was 6 am, and then 6:20, and then 6:40, and now... 7). But something happened, and I have an inkling who caused it, and I am once again staying up late "on school nights" as my friend likes to refer to the weekdays and not nearly getting enough sleepy time.
Last night staying up until 12:30 would not have seemed like that big of a deal, but I actually had to in at work at 7:45. After arriving here and realizing that tagging along on a doctor's appointment was what I was in for, I was okay with feeling a little "zombie-ish" thinking that the running around would wake me up.
Nope.
Luckily for me, the Kiddle is fast asleep and as a matter of fact... I believe that I too with also partake in a cat nap.
One of the reason for my late night was not only my waiting for Boyfriend to call me after he got out of the meuvies; no, I was also in quite the pickle as to which "new" book I would be devoting my time to...
I had heard about this novel from a friend of Mike's (a.k.a: Boyfriend) while I was visiting him in Canada. We had been discussing out latest reads and when one of us brought up the addictive Pride & Prejudice & Zombies soon the topic turned to the novel pictured above. Well, since I am always looking for a page turner I couldn't help but snap a copy up once I saw used on Amazon for so cheap! I had read some of Max Brooks' first "novel", The Zombie Survival Guide, and did enjoy it quite a bit. But then I got so incredibly sick and tired of zombies that I basically threw in the towel on any and everything that had to do with 'em.
The other novel (I think its actually even a "Teen" book) that is in the race for my attention is one that I actually gave to my best friend for X-mas. As far as I know its the tale of a teenage boy dealing with having superpowers and also struggling with his sexuality. In all honesty, I have a feeling that Hero is going to win this little make-believe competition, not only does it feel like a quick and happy read, but its also not mine and I've had it in my possession for almost 6 months AND I am going to be seeing him next Saturday.
Guess that choice wasn't as difficult as I made it out to be. ;)
I know that there is more that I want to write, but I believe I am going to take advantage of nap-time now....





No comments:

Post a Comment